Our Application Process
Please review our list of criteria. If you feel you meet the criteria, please apply - because we'd be happy to rent to you. Also, if you have any questions or concerns, please ask.
APPLICANT SCREENING CRITERIA
* A complete application. One for each person over 18 years of age. If a line isn't filled in (or the omission explained satisfactorily), we will return it to you. Additionally, we have a policy that you must view the INTERIOR of the property before your application can be deemed complete.
* There is a $35.00 application fee per adult and is collected from the first pre-qualified applicant of each rental. This fee is non-refundable and is payable in CASHIERS CHECK or MONEY ORDER ONLY. We will process applications in the order they are received.
* We require a photo I.D. of all adults applying, preferably a driver's license, and it must be presented with the completed application.
* We will accept the first qualified applicant.
* RENTAL REQUIREMENTS Rental history must be verifiable from unbiased sources. 2 years of positive verifiable rental history from a third party reference will be required. If you owned your last residence for 2 or more years, the rental history can be waived. Rental history of at least 1 year but less than 2 years will require an additional deposit equal to 1/2 of 1 months rent. Rental history of less than 1 year will require a qualified co-signer AND payment of an additional security deposit equal to one months rent. Some rental units may require additional rental history.
It is your responsibility to provide us with the information necessary to allow us to contact your past landlords. We reserve the right to deny your application if, after making a good faith effort, we are unable to verify your rental history.
* INCOME The combination of your monthly income must be at least 2 1/2 times the rent amount. Income must be verifiable through pay stubs, or employer contact, or tax records. All other income, including self-employment, must be verifiable through third party verification, or bank and/or tax records. For Section 8 applicants, the amount of assistance will be considered part of your monthly income.
* CREDIT REQUIREMENTS - Good credit will be required. Outstanding bad debt (ie. late payments, collections, repossessions, liens, judgments & wage garnishments) being reported to the credit bureau which total more than $500 will require an additional security deposit of $200. Bad debt totaling over $1500 will require an additional deposit equal to one months’ rent. If in the last five years you have had any unpaid utility collections, an additional security deposit will be required. If you have filed a bankruptcy within the last 2 years (it has to be discharged) an additional security deposit equal to one months’ rent will be required. If your bad debt is $5,000.00 or more, we will consider your application by special review and may require another additional security deposit.
* CO-SIGNERS - In order to qualify as a co-signer, you must have an income equal to a minimum of 4 TIMES the amount of rent and have an excellent credit rating.
* Section 8 Information Access. Section 8 applicants must sign a consent form allowing the Housing Authority to verify information from your file regarding your rental history.
YOU WILL BE DENIED RENTAL IF:
* You misrepresent any information on the application. If misrepresentations are found after a rental agreement is signed, your rental agreement will be terminated.
* In the last five years you have ever been convicted of the manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance. In the last five years you have a conviction for any type of crime that would be considered a threat to real property or to other residents' peaceful enjoyment of the property.
* You have had an FED (court ordered eviction).
* Previous landlords report significant complaint levels of noncompliance activity including but not limited to:
* Repeated disturbance of the neighbors' peaceful enjoyment of the area.
* Reports of gambling, prostitution, drug dealing or drug manufacturing.
* Damage to the property beyond normal wear.
* Reports of violence or threats to landlords or neighbors.
* Allowing persons not on the rental agreement to reside on the premises.
* Failure to give proper notice when vacating the property.
* Previous landlords would be disinclined to rent to you again for any other reason pertaining to the behavior of yourself, your pets, or others allowed on the property during your tenancy.
* You, your roommates(s), your guest(s), or a family member demonstrate aggressive, obnoxious, or objectionable behavior.
If you are accepted, you will be required to sign a rental agreement/lease in which you will agree to abide by the rules of the agreement. A complete copy of our rental agreement/lease is available for anyone who would like to review it. Tenants are accepting the unit in it’s current condition.
MONEY ORDER or CASHIERS CHECK will be the only accepted form of payment for move-in monies. You may pay with a personal check after you have moved in.
Please read your rental agreement carefully, as we take each provision of the agreement quite seriously. Our intention in providing such an agreement is to assure that our tenants are given the best housing we can provide.